Sunday, April 15, 2012

Welcome to In Your Face :)


New Jersey has a rich food history that has yet to be shared with the rest of America and the world.  We are called the Garden State for a reason – we used to be mostly farmland and there are still a substantial amount of farms in New Jersey.  In fact with the increasing number of farmers' markets in the state there is somewhat of a farming renaissance going on.  Although we are known for our delicious Jersey tomatoes there is a wide variety of other produce grown in the state including blueberries, blackberries, apples, corn, mushrooms, cucumbers, pumpkins and grapes for our NJ vineyards (yes, we have vineyards!).  In fact, over 100 varieties of fruits and veggies are grown in New Jersey.

I am starting this blog with the intention to share recipes that are in some way distinct to New Jersey.  I am not a professional chef but I am a mom and I cook a healthy dinner for my family almost every night.  The recipes are a combination of my own, my grandmother's (I am 4th generation Jersey, thank you), and revamped, healthier versions of our state's world renowned diner fare.  I will especially be highlighting our fresh, locally grown produce! I hope to turn this venture into an In Your Face Cookbook at some point :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Best,
Tracy DiTolla

No comments:

Post a Comment