Sunday, April 15, 2012

My Nana's Scottish Tassies



Although I do want to focus on healthy, fresh foods in this blog I am starting off with my grandmother's Scottish Tassies, which are like individual mini pies and totally delish :)
However, you can still buy the eggs and butter from local farms and make sure the cornstarch was made with non-GMO corn.

My Nana and my Mom
Nana's handwritten recipe.


INGREDIENTS
TASSIE DOUGH
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3 ounces of cream cheese
  • 1 cup flour 
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
FILLING
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter
  • dash of salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

For tassie base cream butter and cream cheese together. Then sift the flour and cornstarch and mix with cream cheese and butter mixture.

In an ungreased tart or mini muffin pan place 1 rounded tablespoon in each cup and then press into bottom and sides.

For the filling thoroughly mix all filling ingredients together. Then fill the dough cups up 3/4 of the way.

Bake for 30-35 minutes and cool for 15 minutes.

Makes about 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment