Friday, April 27, 2012

Lemon Chicken


First of all it's wine time so everyone grab your glass!  If your like most moms (and some dads) you probably work outside your home in addition to the full time job of taking care of your kids and the perpetual cleaning of your house or apartment so at the end of the week you do not feel like putting together an elaborate meal.  On Friday evenings I like to get in my five minutes of sitting in the corner hugging my glass of wine and cursing all of the kids' sporting events I will have to go to the next day.  After that I usually just want something quick and easy to throw together for dinner so I use the basics that I always have in my fridge/freezer/pantry.  Chicken cutlets are the easiest and most versatile cut of meat ever.  You can literally cook them with  anything and they will come out decent.  Is the following the most original and imaginative dish ever? No but it is super-easy and sometimes when your brain is so tired that it cannot string 2 thoughts together you just need something simple and you need the internet to tell you how to do it.  So here is my easy chicken recipe :)



INGREDIENTS

Organic Chicken Cutlets (as many as needed)
1 Lemon
Olive oil
1 bottle of White wine (1 cup for the recipe and the rest for you)
2 Chopped cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
Grated cheese
Roasted peppers
Basil

Heat the olive oil in a pan, while that is happening salt and pepper your chicken cutlets.  When the pan is heated throw in the chicken and garlic and cook through.  Then add in a cup of white wine (I use chardonnay but you can use any white that is not sweet) and squeeze in the lemon juice.

Plate your chicken and top with grated cheese, slivers of roasted peppers and basil leaves.  I served this tonight with fried potatoes and organic string beans which I cooked for 5 minutes in the wine and oil after I took the chicken out.


No comments:

Post a Comment