Sunday, December 9, 2012

Fondue



I love fondue and so do all of my kids - granted it is certainly not the healthiest thing in the world but sometimes you have to indulge and I make myself feel better by using mostly organic ingredients and then eating only 1,000 calories total the next day. ;)
I always experiment with different cheeses and meats and veggies to dip.  One of my favorites is the following recipe with thinly sliced london broil, roasted broccoli and of course fresh baguettes.



INGREDIENTS

4 oz fresh fontina cheese
4 oz gruyere
2 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons California Chardonnay
1/4 teaspoon black pepper






The fondue part is easy - you just melt everything together in the fondue pot.

As for the other ingredients, that is up to you, I gave you my favorites but you can also use sausage, roast potatoes, grilled chicken, grilled asparagus (one of my faves) and basically any cut of meat or veg that will stand up to being dipped in hot cheese.




For this particular fondue recipe I like a really nice California Chardonnay - use the same one in the fondue and then the rest of the bottle is yours, minus the 2 tablespoons.  Enjoy bitches :)

No comments:

Post a Comment