Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tracy's Summer Sangria


After many years spent bar-tending I feel that one recipe I have perfected is my Sangria.  Sangria is a great way to make a nice weekend (or week night) dinner festive and fun.  My recipe is a little different from traditional sangria, I'm not a big fan of orange juice so I use mango juice instead. Feel free to change up the fruits or juice to your liking but after much experimenting (and I mean A LOT of experimenting) I feel these are the flavors that go best together.  I also try to use all organic ingredients in everything I make :)

INGREDIENTS 

  • 1 bottle of Rioja
  • 1/2 of the 375 ml. bottle of Hiram Walker triple sec
  • 1 can Sprite
  • 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Cognac
  • 1 cup of Organic Mango juice
  • 2 small organic peaches diced
  • 2 small organic apples diced
  • 1 cup organic frozen or fresh strawberries
Combine wine, cognac, triple sec, mango juice and all of the fruits in a glass pitcher.  Leave in fridge at least 3 hours to let flavors blend.  Before serving add the can of sprite and stir.  Then enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment