Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream




One of the best presents I ever got was this ice cream ball.  I highly recommend getting one - they are inexpensive and I have seen them at Target.  Whenever I want to occupy my kids for a half hour or so I fill up the ice cream ball and let them roll it around on the kitchen floor.  They love it because they know they will have ice cream when they're through.  I love it because it gives me a half hour to do whatever I need to do.  

You also get to be as creative as you want in inventing your own ice cream flavors and you can make it much healthier than store bought ice cream.  It's a very simple process, you fill the outer part of the ball with ice and the inside container with the following ingredients :)

INGREDIENTS

1 cup organic whole milk 
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
2 tablespoons organic sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup chopped fresh organic strawberries
1/4 cup chocolate chips

SOOOOOOOO simple - just stir the chocolate syrup, vanilla and sugar into the milk then pour it into the inside container with the chocolate chips and strawberries.

Then hand the ball off to your kids and have them shake it and roll it around.  It does take about a half hour to freeze up and I always have to add more ice about half way through but there is NOTHING like homemade ice cream!!!

This should make about 2 servings but if there's any leftover you can put it in the freezer and have it as dessert the next night - Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment