Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Salad



My Summer Salad is easy and light and delicious.  It is great to serve at BBQs or as a light dinner.  I suggest making it about an hour before eating it because that gives the flavors a chance to really blend together.  Even my kids and my salad-hating husband love it when I make this dish :)


INGREDIENTS

2 Cooked chicken breasts, chopped
Baby kale (can also use arugula, baby romaine or fresh spinach)
1 peach
1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles
Salted pecans
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp Olive oil
1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper

So, this is super-easy, I like to put the chicken in while it's still warm then just mix all ingredients together and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper.  Make sure it is mixed thoroughly and let it sit a few minutes so the goat cheese melts into the olive oil a little and the kale wilts slightly from the warm chicken.  

It's sooooooo freakin' good and a great dish to throw together to bring to a bbq potluck or serve at any summer party.  Plus it's low calorie and really healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment