Saturday, June 30, 2012

Farmers' Markets

Maybe I haven't mentioned it but I am one of three women who organize and run the Oakland, NJ Farmers' Market - the other two women are Jane Graham and Salma Shamy.  We started three months ago (on a total volunteer basis and oh how I probably would not have volunteered if I knew how much work was involved) and today was our opening day and it was totally awesome!  


So I want to make today's recipe about how you can do something fun with your family on a Saturday (such as go to the Oakland Farmers' Market, oaklandfarmersmarket.com where there is a kids' craft and play section, delicious food, crafts, live music, and even yoga!) and still have time to make a healthy family dinner.



Today I bought fresh homemade spinach fettucini from Maria's Biscotti, www.mariasbiscottionline.com and some super-delicious, homemade olive bread from All in the Icing Bakery, www.allintheicing.com - both selling their awesome products each week at the Oakland Farmers' Market.  Tonight, I made dinner in literally 5 minutes.  The pasta took three minutes to cook and I just melted butter and grated cheese over it and served with the olive bread on the side.


Super delicious and super easy!  Support your local markets, businesses and community :)


If you're in northern NJ visit the Oakland Farmers' Market every Saturday from now until October 27, 2012.  9 am - 1 pm in the municipal lot on 202 (Ramapo Valley Rd) in Oakland NJ. 
contact: oaklandfarmermarket@gmail.com

We are still accepting food, art and craft vendors as well as yoga instructors to teach classes.


FYI - being the Renaissance woman that I am - I am also an artist and will be displaying my work at the market next Saturday July 7, 2012 - The OFM is so awesome we also support the arts!


www.tracyditolla.com

No comments:

Post a Comment